Labor on Labor Day

I wish I could say I did nothing on "Labor Day" but that would be a false statement. Although I will probably not be able to move in the morning I did get a pretty good bit done.

First things first my wonderful wife let me sleep till about 9:30 am and then took the kids to her Mom and Dad's to let the boys play in the dirt. While they were gone I got out in the yard and started cleaning up since we are having Carson's 3rd party here this weekend. I then rode up to Mom and Dad's and picked up the hedge trimmers and brought it back to the house to straighten up some bushes that grow rapidly around our house. I must warn anyone who is going to do this and doesn't do it on a regular basis. Get in shape before handling a hedge trimmer, my upper body is killing me. I finished some touch up painting that needed to be done, although I found more to do after I was done and dipped my hand into paint thinner.(hint: Oil base paint does not wash of a brush so don't grab it with your hands to try and get it off.)

Got a lot to do this week as well. I am going to take of Wednesday and Thursday to try and accomplish all I have to do. Finishing things around the house for the party, finishing some video stuff, spending quality time with the kids and Cody and making sure that my walk is growing with God(not necessarily in that order).

There are a lot of things going on with Cody and myself and we want to make sure that we re doing the right thing. We have felt that we are going in the right direction and will continue to do so until we feel we need to make another change. Having said that we are going to be making changes so we are able to enjoy our time with each other and our beautiful children. Finances are what is on the front burner right now. After attending the Financial Learning Experience at Newspring with Joe Sangl(check this site out for a ton of budgeting tips) we are going to sell everything we have so we don't owe any money, J/K. We are though going to be making some changes and budgeting a little(a lot) better. So keep us in your prayers and if anyone wants to buy a house and two cars let me know. :-)

Enjoy your week and may God bless you and your family.

Posted on 9/07/2009 by djacris and filed under , , , , , | 0 Comments »

0 comments: